Ðark Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A WoW based guild on The Forgotten Coast server.

3 posters

Complaints and such

Nate
    Nate
    Admin

Complaints and such Empty Re: Complaints and such

Post  Nate Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:30 am

This is probably a much needed post, and since everyone is too timid to actually speak their mind, I'll take the chance at liberating this inhibition. Please be warned that this is half information/and half pure rage because of dealing with countless amounts of stupidity. Once again, if you will be offended, ignore this post, because I WILL point you out by name in this post.

1.The first problem I've been encountering all the time is how to distribute loot. Many people in this guild seems to have issues with knowing what is for which class (at times even I am guilty of this as well, so I will not sit here and talk about this while swimming in a pool of hypocrisy). Guys, learn your fucking gear itemization.

Let us start off with caster items first. It's generally accepted that DPS type caster items include a hit rating, because the DPS casters need 17% hit in order to ensure every hit lands on raid bosses. A ring that drops with hit rating, regardless of spirit, or not will go to a DPS caster. The accessories that's left that include int/stam/spirit that don't involve any form of hit rating should be going towards the healer classes. How will healers get any kind of gear if DPS casters are allowed to roll on both.

There is a difference when it comes to healers, between MP5, and spirit. This is where I personally made an error, and handed out a spirit item to a shaman during a 10 man VoA run.
    The gear should in most cases be spread like the following:
    MP5: Shaman, and paladins. (Paladins use crit as well.)
    Spirit: Druids, and priests.

There was an instance where I overheard Jagkara on vent speaking about a shield that dropped in Naxxramas 25 which including int/stam with haste/crit as NOT being a healer shield. Oh right, silly me I forgot it might be a tank shield, int makes tanks smarter, they might move out of void zones now.

The age-old debate about the polearm found in EoE, also known as Black Ice seems to bring about a substantial amount of controversy. Hapahurs and Jagkara( boy, he's winning the award for being mentioned the most on this post tonight ) apparently believe it to be a warrior weapon. With all sense of bias aside, polearms on the whole should be specified as a hunter or druid weapon because of the stats that are generated, unless of course the stats were str/stam. There is NO reason a warrior, or any kind of melee dps that can wield this should even be rolling first if there is a hunter or druid present in the raid. Before you melee users rip me a new asshole, simply just take a look at these comments http://thottbot.com/i40497.

It does not make sense when every stat listed is beneficial to a hunter and druid to have a melee dps roll on it. When a hunter even so as mentions that they would like to roll on the Betrayer of Humanity, all the warriors, DKs and paladins start to cry a river, and proceed to shred their dicks over the fact that a hunter can even dare say something along the lines of /random 100 on the betrayer. If melee dps "can" roll on Black ice, why are hunters/druids unable to roll on Betrayer...hey, it has agi/stam right?

Hunters have alot of leeway in terms of what to equip, mainly because there are so many things that they are able to use, yet because of common courtesy or for any other reason, never seem to get what is needed, and at the same time also get blamed if they need on something that they "shouldn't have. There should be no reason that a hunter is able to roll on a dagger, unless a rogue specifies that he no longer needs the item, and the hunter may have it. Now Lowen, there should be no reason why a hunter isn't able to compete with rogues for such things as swords and fist items. As far as I'm concerned with fist weapons, rogues would need to go so far as to spec out into different talents in order to ensure maximum dps out of the fist item. Enhancement shamans welcomed to roll as well.

More to come tomorrow because even reading my own wall of text crits my eyes for 99999.
    Viscerys
    Viscerys
    Guild leader
    Guild leader

Post  Viscerys Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I will announce a Captains meeting to take place before the Ulduar run tomorrow evening, check your calendars. The issues that will be discussed will include (but not limited to) looting, puging, and expected general behavior from our members and officers (particularily on vent). Please take the time until then to come up with as many problems and solutions as possible, with the latter being more usefull (anyone can point out a problem).

As well, I'd like to take the moment to point out that for a reletively new guild entering the raiding arena, we're doing pretty good compared to most, and getting better. Recruits, members and even some of the officers try to keep this in mind and not get too frustrated, we're running smoother all the time and climbing the ranks.

-Vis
    nautilus
    nautilus

Post  nautilus Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:35 am

CLEAR VENT PLOX

less yap more zap
    Nate
    Nate
    Admin

Complaints and such Empty Complaints and such

Post  Nate Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Many people come to me with problems or suggestions for certain things about the guild, and raids in particular. Some are good, some are bad, actually most are bad..let's be honest.

I've had countless days spent on vent listening to people talk about nothing more than what items they can get and will be rolling on despite who needs some gear more than others. This is a double edged sword. For instance if an alternate is in the raid, the gear should of course go to the main characters instead of alternates. However, if the item is only a slight upgrade, where's the pain in actually passing so the alternate can have some gear as well? Yes, this is a touchy subject, I am aware.

I want to take this opportunity to have any of the guild members raise their complaints publicly, if they are willing to instead of overburdening me with such matters and having me talk to people individually.

It's understandable if people want their privacy and would like to rage/complain or praise to me directly instead of to others. Needless to say this is only for the willing. If anyone feels more comfortable with the method priorly mentioned please continue to carry on in the same manner, but at the end of the day, this is simply me asking for a favor. Because in all honesty if we don't tackle issues like this with an open mind (even if the issue is with you), then we cannot grow as a guild.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:38 pm